Dwarves With A Passion
March 28, 2024, 12:26:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Dwarves With A Passion!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Cooking Experience

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooking Experience  (Read 1233 times)
LeonidasRex
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2008, 12:06:31 am »

The wiki says:
If you want your dwarves to gain skill as cooks you should only prepare easy meals, since this gives them the most practice per ingredient used.

I don't care how much food it takes for my cook to gain skill.  I just want it to happen faster.  With that as the goal, are easy meals still the best way to go?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Frelock
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:19:56 am »

Yes, after all, the cooks only need to grab two items instead of three or four, reducing hauling time (on the part of the cook, anyways).  As to the time of the actual task, I'm not sure.
Report Spam   Logged
forsaken1111
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:28:48 am »

as far as I know, skill is gained by performing a task. Difficulty of the doesn't seem to factor in... so 300 easy meals = 600 food and = faster than lavish meals so moar xp fastur.
Report Spam   Logged
Sutremaine
Escaped Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 02:13:36 pm »

Yes, after all, the cooks only need to grab two items instead of three or four, reducing hauling time (on the part of the cook, anyways).  As to the time of the actual task, I'm not sure.

The number of items doesn't affect task time directly, but more items means more chances to grab a large stack and a greater chance of an unhauled set of meals being large enough to interfere with production.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum