Dwarves With A Passion
April 19, 2024, 03:58:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Dwarves With A Passion!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Newbie Questions

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 4300 times)
Zorgn
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:29:22 pm »

So I bought blocks of potash, and yeah it's in the screens to use as building material. So I screwed that up, thanks.  Shocked

I have my food stocks all broken down in seperate piles.  Plants, drinks, seeds etc.  I am using the Stocks menu to track what I have and the seeds just seem to go down.  I have about 15 empty bags. (I bought 30 to start - sold my anvil and bought lots of food and bags.)

Does flooding the farm plots help yields?  I'm planting in sandy clay loam.  I get plants and bushes just fine.  Flooding would be pretty easy..I have lots of ponds.

No glass works, no metal forge and haven't gotten a well in yet. (only my second real try at building a fortress, I ended up flooding my first when I tapped into a river before I got the flood gates built)

I have another big problem, my Hunter quit hunting.  Everything other than butchery is turned off, he has armor, shield and a crossbow and bolts.  He just idles.  I know he hunted in the first year, then I had him cutting trees for awhile, and now he wont hunt.

As I understand it, you need not flood in soil layers, which is what you're in. I may be wrong, it may have an effect that I've not noticed. Your hunter probably stopped hunting because he ran out of game, so don't count on that for food.

You don't need to brew Plump Helmets to get seeds, they just need to be eaten raw. Stop cooking. If you're running low on food, do not brew.

As for the comment on red plots above, I believe that happens when your farmers can't find seeds.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum