Dwarves With A Passion
April 20, 2024, 01:44:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Readers: This is NOT the official DF forum!
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Newbie Questions

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 4304 times)
Asher
Escaped Lunatic

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:58:19 pm »

So I bought blocks of potash, and yeah it's in the screens to use as building material. So I screwed that up, thanks.  Shocked

I have my food stocks all broken down in seperate piles.  Plants, drinks, seeds etc.  I am using the Stocks menu to track what I have and the seeds just seem to go down.  I have about 15 empty bags. (I bought 30 to start - sold my anvil and bought lots of food and bags.)

Does flooding the farm plots help yields?  I'm planting in sandy clay loam.  I get plants and bushes just fine.  Flooding would be pretty easy..I have lots of ponds.

No glass works, no metal forge and haven't gotten a well in yet. (only my second real try at building a fortress, I ended up flooding my first when I tapped into a river before I got the flood gates built)

I have another big problem, my Hunter quit hunting.  Everything other than butchery is turned off, he has armor, shield and a crossbow and bolts.  He just idles.  I know he hunted in the first year, then I had him cutting trees for awhile, and now he wont hunt.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum