Dwarves With A Passion
March 28, 2024, 12:43:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Dwarves With A Passion!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

The King?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The King?  (Read 3781 times)
slink
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:44:56 pm »

Is the some reason why the king would not come, if the three criteria on The Incoming King are satisfied?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zorgn
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:16:12 pm »

Too lazy to get up and move? I never got a king, so... Dunno... Why would you want one?
Report Spam   Logged
slink
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:33:17 pm »

Because I can get one?  Only apparently I can't, lol.

I have two nice royal bedrooms and two nice royal mausoleums, just waiting for them.
Report Spam   Logged
Refar
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:12:40 pm »

He will sometimes take quite some time. He's a King after all, so he only lives to his own scedual. (And he's a Dwarf too, so he has quite short legs...)
Report Spam   Logged
Gothmog
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:45:29 pm »

Is the some reason why the king would not come, if the three criteria on The Incoming King are satisfied?

DAMNED I have the exact same problem. Even have the royal bed/dining/meeting rooms ready and actually paved the inside of my fortress with copper bars to get enough road value  Tongue

If he takes to long, I will just move his bedroom into my obsidian farm. I bet that would make hin move FAST at least once before it all ends  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Philosopher
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 05:59:55 pm »

i have had a king show up with his buddies before (well king consort, it was a queen). ive also had a queen show up alone and naked after i found adamantium.

generaly, i think the time to arrivial is with the next migration after the dwarven caravan and diplomat safely depart. however, you may want to hit [c] and check to see if your civilization has a king. also, sieges can delay the arrival if they happen at the wrong times.

Report Spam   Logged
Chaoticjosh
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 06:53:36 pm »

ive also had a queen show up alone and naked after i found adamantium.

god, that could TOTALLY be taken outta context.

cue *bow chicka bow wow*
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 06:55:32 pm by Chaoticjosh » Report Spam   Logged
slink
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 07:06:17 pm »

I hit [c] and discovered that I now have two Dwarven cultures nearby.  I used to only have one.  The one with whom I have been trading, and to whom I sent the gifts, has a Queen.  The other one has a King.  I don't think the second one has ever sent a caravan to me.

I know I did not get a Dwarven caravan last autumn.  I suppose I might have had a siege just then, but it's not like my sieges should stop anyone.  In fact, I hate to admit this, but during my last siege I forgot I was under siege after I called all my Dwarves in.  I got to browsing the web and went back to find that most of my tethered war dogs had been killed by an enraged Human, who died just short of the burrow entrance.  Bad, bad me, to wander off in the middle of a siege and leave my poor kobold-sentry dogs to take the brunt of an attack that my archers were supposed to fend off.  Still, it wasn't much of a siege if seven war dogs could stop it.  Well, seven dogs and a pile of traps.  But that entrance wasn't the main entrance and only had half the traps.  And no archers.
Report Spam   Logged
Philosopher
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 09:07:50 pm »

archers? war dogs?? heck, i just use the ton-o-traps method myself. just call em inside an forget it usualy, except the one trap-immune human that tried to get inside the depot.... that was very strange. many elves died, so i can forgive him.

truth be told, i had the queen show up with *nothing* in her inventory. the announcement said a queen had arrived, dressed as a peasant. she walked through vomit on her way in.. she picked up something  to wear a while later, but aparently Adamantium is worth getting out of the bath and running for it, rather than taking the time to grab some clothes.

the king, by comparison, shows up with the consort, advisor, and four 'hero' royal gaurds of expert skill. either way, you get a wave of migrants as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Mad Larks
Escaped Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 01:57:10 am »

Odd, My queen and king consort arrived in my fort when I was at around 218 dwarves. The royal themselves were buff as hell (My queen was an Expert Marksdwarf and Great Ambusher.) and the fact that it seemd they had taken most of the damn Mountainhome with them, I ended up with quite a bit of soldiers, some royal guards and a lot of migrants...and, of course, a queen wielding a steel crossbow.

I'm pretty sure the fate for my fort is tantrum spiral of doom. And it will be awesome.
Report Spam   Logged
slink
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 09:59:07 am »

I finally got my Queen.  She is a widow with two daughters, neither of whom came with her.  She brought along an Advisor, one peasant, and four Royal Guards.  She owns a Steel Mace, and a set of cloth and leather clothing.  Her Advisor is likewise a widow with two children, one son and one daughter.  Neither of these came along.  They both worship a lot of deities, and neither has any likes or dislikes.

So, all in all, my fortress's population only rose to 244 and nothing extreme has happened.  I'm trying to decide whether to attempt to complete my building project (a lump-a-mid), or start over now.  I honestly don't think losing is fun, but starting anew ~is~.  *grins*
Report Spam   Logged
LegacyCWAL
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 01:27:12 pm »

Are you sure your civilization still has a king/queen?  They have a nasty habit of dying of old age and never being replaced.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum