Dwarves With A Passion
March 29, 2024, 12:19:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Readers: This is NOT the official DF forum!
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

"Index was outside the bounds of the array"

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Index was outside the bounds of the array"  (Read 1495 times)
Sean Mirrsen
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 09:39:31 am »

Yeah, unfortunately the whole thing is pretty buggy. This being because I'm compiling it on the realitevely old .NET 2003 thing. I can't get Vista to accept the 3.5 framework (or the 3.0 one for that matter), and can't install the 2008 version. So, I get all kinds of glitches with people who, unlike me, update their OS. Tongue

The "Index outside of bounds" is because of the darn progress bar. No matter what I tried, it keeps accumulating integer convertion inaccuracies and after processing a very large module (like the Megamagic weapons ends up being - I'm not sure how large it is, but I'm suspecting up to a five-digit number of entries, depending on other installed mods as well) it tries to set the progressbar some 20 or 30 above its actual maximum. At least I think that's what causes it for most people, other variants can include mistreatment of the conditional tags, but that's a modder's problem.

The "Startindex cannot be less than zero" is something I haven't seen, but it's probably a case of the same mistreatment, because there might be little quirks in the syntax you don't know about.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum