Dwarves With A Passion
March 28, 2024, 03:27:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Dwarves With A Passion!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Skinning anything!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skinning anything!  (Read 2115 times)
forsaken1111
« on: October 26, 2008, 09:04:41 pm »

So I would like to have the option to butcher anything I kill. I had planned to look for this through the 'real' forums but since they are down, I'll ask here instead. I have been poking around in the data files but have no idea what I'm looking for really, so figure someone could save me some time and at least point me in the right direction. I assume, from what I understand of the game, that there is a tag which determines what may and may not be butchered. I would like to be able to butcher anything, if I choose to, and would like to be able to, for example, make human-hide shields or dwarf-bone jewelry. So my actual question is twofold:

1. What would I have to change to any creature butcherable/skinnable?

2. Will it have a negative impact on Dwarves if a dead Dwarf is butchered? Will they have bad thoughts if they walk by, for example, a door decorated with Urist McDeadguy's bones and he was a dear friend?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:25:57 pm »

1. Yes, go into the RAWs and take [BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD] out of everything you see. Then you'll be able to butcher the corpses of everything you find. I'm going to do that on my fort to get some more use out of those goblins.

2. I don't think it will cause any problems. This is in the game as Fell moods, which is when a dwarf kills another dwarf and makes something from his body. I don't think this causes any problems beyond the unhappiness from the dwarf's death.

Edit: It seems that the tag isn't on humans, dwarves, elves, or goblins. Damn. I could have sworn it was. This means that the dwarves won't eat them because they're civilized, and you can't change that.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:28:48 pm by penguinofhonor » Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 01:58:06 am »

I still think You can. BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD is obsolete since the ethics system is introduced. "MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT" and "MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE" must govern it. Try to set it as "ACCEPTABLE".
Report Spam   Logged
jaybud4
The Great?
Administrator
Bay Gull

☼Tech Guru☼

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 10:50:39 am »

Yep, civ ethics have replaced creature butcherability.
Report Spam   Logged
penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:02:42 pm »

I'll test this to see if you can change the ethics after genning the world and butcher stuff without always being at war with everyone like the elves are.
Report Spam   Logged
forsaken1111
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 09:58:06 pm »

Yeah I'm wary of changing the ethics tags. Will setting those tags make me unable to trade with others, or impact our relationships?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum