Dwarves With A Passion
March 28, 2024, 02:20:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Dwarves With A Passion!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Finding a Mayor/King

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finding a Mayor/King  (Read 4068 times)
Gothmog
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2008, 03:25:05 pm »

1. I visited several (populated) Fortresses and I never managed to find a Mayor or King. Is there some kind of indicator where to find them (bottommost level of a fortress, one of the corners or something? in the tavern? same layout for every tavern?)

2. Do they look like they do in fortress mode (purple...little...things) so i can identify them without asking?

3. is there a way to find groups on the ... "finding screen" ... i recall being able to check the locations of several towns/fortresses on the adventure map, but people keep telling me the "{something} Slaves" (or others) could have a job for me. These are obviously group/gouvernment names as you can see them in fortress mode (i guess, my recent fortress is ruled by the "granite shields") so how can I locate them?

Thanks in advance  Smiley

EDIT: Oh Shi- I just noticed this should rather go into the "DF Questions" Section... oh well. I guess it is adventure related after all   Tongue
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 03:28:50 pm by Gothmog » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jaybud4
The Great?
Administrator
Bay Gull

☼Tech Guru☼

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 03:26:35 pm »

You're better off visiting human towns.
You start in the same building as the leader there.
Report Spam   Logged
penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 03:39:55 pm »

Yeah, NPC fortresses are mazes of featureless, identical rooms with a dwarf or two running about occasionally. They'll be fixed to not suck eventually.
Report Spam   Logged
Gothmog
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 03:43:56 pm »

You're better off visiting human towns.
You start in the same building as the leader there.

okay thank you, I started as a human now and... yeah I met the guy. Told me he doesn't need any help but HEY at least i talked to him
he does look like he is supposed to, too. Now I just need to find myself a crossbow and it's slaying time (better start with something harmless, through... Embarrassed)

Another question (but a rather unimportant one): WHY can i set everything on fire? Just because it's fun or does it have a deeper meaning (for example.... more fun... or something Grin)

EDIT: @penguinofhonor
Hm thats what I noticed, too. It pissed me of quite a bit that I just couldn't find a king in a nerly depopulated mountainhome. Angry But MEH... maybe some day it's gonna happen.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 03:47:09 pm by Gothmog » Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 05:59:15 pm »

okay thank you, I started as a human now and... yeah I met the guy. Told me he doesn't need any help but HEY at least i talked to him
he does look like he is supposed to, too. Now I just need to find myself a crossbow and it's slaying time (better start with something harmless, through... Embarrassed)

Another question (but a rather unimportant one): WHY can i set everything on fire? Just because it's fun or does it have a deeper meaning (for example.... more fun... or something Grin)

EDIT: @penguinofhonor
Hm thats what I noticed, too. It pissed me of quite a bit that I just couldn't find a king in a nerly depopulated mountainhome. Angry But MEH... maybe some day it's gonna happen.

You can set other things on fire... LIVING things.
Just ignite a berry bush, drop there pants. Wait for them to catch fire and throw them in a pub. You'll see a lot of funny burning people running around.

P.S. I ignited a bush near a sleeping guard and he burned alive while sleeping.
Report Spam   Logged
JoRo
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 06:01:07 pm »

Unless you get lucky and fire the dwarven king/queen lounging about on the surface, they're nearly impossible to find.  You're definitely better off talking to human leaders.
Report Spam   Logged
Soadreqm
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 07:20:01 pm »

I think the dwarven nobles don't wander about very much, so if you check everywhere, you'll probably find them. And they're purple, so they're reasonably easy to notice. But yes, you are better off visiting human towns.
Report Spam   Logged
Time Kitten
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 10:13:50 pm »

I've found that dwarf kings stand in a random room everytime you load the site.  Makes it harder to turn in quests since you don't get a free guide to where you have been.

Human mayers spend there days on the second floor of the inn.  Kings stand on the roof of that warehouse type building, and priests wander around heir temples.

Goblin leaders are easiest to find on the tops of single towers, but I once found a demon outside.  Could never find him again to turn in the quest.

The only elf noble I've ever seen was a diplomat that I rescued.
Report Spam   Logged
penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 10:26:44 pm »

You couldn't find the demon because he was flying somewhere. This is because flying creatures don't tire of flying and will therefore spend lots of their time in the air.
Report Spam   Logged
Time Kitten
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 11:08:12 pm »

So... I should take another adventurer with a whip, and cut it's wings off so it can't escape my next adventurer?
Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 02:05:49 am »

It's a bit hard to cut wings with whips Grin. Try an axe instead.
Report Spam   Logged
penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 05:30:27 pm »

They also have fireballs, which are deadly 90% of the time. Expect to catch on fire. When you do so, your eyes are always the first thing to go, and they don't come back. This limits you to a 1-square vision radius for the rest of your life. The rest of your life, of course, will be short thanks to the demon.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum