Dwarves With A Passion
March 28, 2024, 09:29:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Dwarves With A Passion!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

noble-cide and immigrant fear?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: noble-cide and immigrant fear?  (Read 3000 times)
wolfram
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:47:51 pm »

So I might be putting the hammerer and the count+count consort in the obsidian factory to die. Now no immigrants dare step foot in my fortress. are these two instances related, or can i keep killing my nobles?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Refar
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:52:05 pm »

Those are related.
If you fort looses many dwarves it will get known as "death trap" giving less mirants. "Loosing"  Roll Eyes a Noble has more impact.
It will wear off over time, so you can get migrants again. Unless of course you keep disposing too many nobles.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:57:58 pm by Refar » Report Spam   Logged
Chaoticjosh
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 12:54:55 pm »

i'm sorry Refar if this is rude, but its going to come up eventually, is english not your native language?
Report Spam   Logged
Refar
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 01:01:12 pm »

No it isn't, which probaly accounts for most off the weird grammar.
The spelling-issues are just typos anyway... Learning blind typing and not too good at it yet...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:04:49 pm by Refar » Report Spam   Logged
jaybud4
The Great?
Administrator
Bay Gull

☼Tech Guru☼

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 01:04:33 pm »

No it isn't.
But many of the spelling-issues are typos anyway... Learning blind typing and not too good at it yet...

Blind typing?  As in not looking at the keyboard or not looking at the SCREEN?
Which one is it?  Surely you'll never need to type without a screen, therefore I can't see a reason for that...
(FYI: This entire post was written with my monitor turned off, completely debunking the above sentence, but still...)
Report Spam   Logged
Refar
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 01:08:53 pm »

The primary goal is not to look at the keyboard of course.
But not looking at the monitor might happen from time to time as well... There are many distracting things around...
Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 01:12:23 pm »

i'm sorry Refar if this is rude, but its going to come up eventually, is english not your native language?

Dear Chaoticjosh, I'm sorry if this was rude but it's going to come up eventually. Is the english not your native language?
There's no offence. It's just a bit strange that a man who can't type uppercase "I" and sees no differences between "its" and "it's" makes such notes  Grin Grin Grin.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:16:08 pm by Deon » Report Spam   Logged
jaybud4
The Great?
Administrator
Bay Gull

☼Tech Guru☼

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 01:15:06 pm »

I'm sorry, Chaoticjosh, if this was rude but it's going to come up eventually. Is the english not your native language?

I'm sorry, Deon, if this was rude but it's going to come up eventually. Is the English not your native language?

Uh, yeah.  Can we get on topic please?
EDIT: Deon edit-ninja'd me!  But nonetheless, he didn't change the part that mattered.
Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 01:17:57 pm »

No, I just try to edit and add something else.

And "the" here means that he knows not the single language and it just drags attention to the language name.
This is a possible way to intrepret the sentence. And don't take it so serious, I'm not a native speaker too and sometimes I make WEIRD mistakes.

P.S. I edited the message. There was "enterprete" instead of "interpret" so you may kill me now Grin.

On topic: try to make a lot of cool metal crafts studded with gems. The increase in value of your fortress may drag your settlers back.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:21:23 pm by Deon » Report Spam   Logged
wolfram
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 01:57:19 pm »

What about a little holding cell with a hole in the ceiling that i dump food and liquor into, that doesn't count as dead, right?
Report Spam   Logged
Boksi
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 01:59:52 pm »

They still make mandates.

In fact, unhappy nobles mandate more.

But trapping your hammerer is effective to prevent his justice.
Report Spam   Logged
wolfram
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 02:01:21 pm »

delightful, i shall give them a 9x9 comfortably furnished chamber for the 3 of them, all my problems will be solved forever.
Report Spam   Logged
penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 02:02:45 pm »

On topic: try to make a lot of cool metal crafts studded with gems. The increase in value of your fortress may drag your settlers back.

Ah, gems. They're so rare but so valuable. Never cut your own because you need uncut ones for some moods. Request every single gem on low priority from the dwarven traders and they'll come with thousands of monies worth in gems. Also make raw glass to train up your gem cutters because it counts as an uncut gem. You can then cut it and decorate things with it.
Report Spam   Logged
wolfram
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 05:30:56 pm »

So i dumped in the food and beer, unforbid and those stupid nobles won't touch the stuff. they're gonna die... do i need a table and stuff for them to use it? or will they get desperate and use the food that's lieing around?
Report Spam   Logged
penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 05:34:36 pm »

They should eat it if they're hungry.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum