Dwarves With A Passion
March 28, 2024, 02:46:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Dwarves With A Passion!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Move it already!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Move it already!  (Read 3656 times)
Wolfking6116
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2008, 11:24:01 pm »

So I finally made an 'Armoury', to house all my equipment for my military.

The old stuff was just throw into the barracks,
but now that I removed those stockpiles they won't move them to he new ones.

Some help here?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tcei
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:08:13 am »

Unfortunately dwarves will not pick up clothes that have been torn off them. Your best bet if it bugs you is to use the hide option.
Report Spam   Logged
Philosopher
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:14:08 am »

there is a solution, but not a good one.

first, you can put a cabinet in the room of the dwarf who owns the item. he minght put his stuff away (but not all of them will)

second, dead dwarves will have their possesions taken to their tomb, or else just to the stockpile. yes, violence DOES solve the problem!

third, and im not sure of this, when they buy new stuff the old stuff may be discarded to the stockpile.
Report Spam   Logged
penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 10:42:36 am »

No, they won't throw away old stuff. They'll just build up an infinite amount of socks.

Yeah, military dwarves won't put away their clothes since they're soldiers and therefore don't have hauling duty. It's annoying. I think ones that are married to civilian dwarves will have their spouse put away their stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
shoruke
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 11:02:20 am »

Why doesn't Toady hardcode it into the game that off-duty militants will haul their clothes out of the way? Especially when they're not sparring (i.e. "soldiering" in their bedroom)
Report Spam   Logged
forsaken1111
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:56:23 am »

Can't you just designate a dump area and dump all of the items you want removed from the room? It will at least get the stuff out of the way.
Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 12:01:07 pm »

1) It's not possible to know everything. So this should be fixed someday, now there're much more important things to do/fix.
2) This will annoy a lot of people since this way soldiers will haul items more than spar.
3) I'd like to see "cleaning" job to be not a "clean dirty walls" only but to include various tasks like moving clothes in barracks/cleaning other dwarves maybe, this way full-cleaners would be viable as a stand-alone profession and some nasty issues like these clothes and too-dirty dwarves would be gone.

P.S. I'd like to have a "washing room": you place a bath? building or maybe well and you designate the room as "public bath" and free cleaners grab soap and wait in that room for every passing dwarf with a dirty face. Also it could be allowed to "assign" a bath to a special noble and to give him additional happy thoughts for "a finely bath after breakfast" and "handsome cleaner boy" to compensate their sadness for uncompleted mandates etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 12:01:32 pm »

Can't you just designate a dump area and dump all of the items you want removed from the room? It will at least get the stuff out of the way.

I think owned items can't be dumped.
Report Spam   Logged
DoctorZ
OGamer
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 03:31:31 pm »

"handsome cleaner boy"
O.o
Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 05:22:32 pm »

Nobles are evil. This phrase was put here intentionally  Grin.
Report Spam   Logged
Sutremaine
Escaped Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 05:46:04 pm »

I've had a male dwarf that liked tentacle demons and their corrupt intentions. I don't think he was married either. (Maybe I should have made him a wrestler.)

Damn fornicating maniacs.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolfking6116
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 11:00:25 pm »

Unfortunately dwarves will not pick up clothes that have been torn off them. Your best bet if it bugs you is to use the hide option.

Errr.... This guy got my question wrong, and the rest of you followed.
Reminds me of one guy catching on fire and the rest of the dwarves doing the same thing.

What I -meant- was, I placed some armour / weapon stockpiles in my barracks, and placed items in them.
Now I created a room specifically for armour, and another for weapons. The previous stockpiles were then removed.
Now the bins are just sitting there in the old spots, even with the stockpiles gone. The dwarves refuse to move the bins to the new stockpiles.

Side note; Same thing is happening with my ammo bins full of bone bolts. Yet the iron arrows were moved.
Report Spam   Logged
Soadreqm
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 04:19:57 am »

The stuff isn't forbidden or owned? The dwarves can get to it? You have free dwarves with item hauling enabled? The dwarves can get to the destination stockpile? The stuff isn't on fire? (I think the dwarves no longer try to pick up stuff that is on fire.) The stuff doesn't have a monster sitting on it, scaring dwarves away? Do the stockpiles have weapons and armour, of all types, qualities and materials enabled?

I can't really think of anything else it could be.
Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 08:22:05 am »

Does the new stockpile have bins allowed?

Also, look at the labor screen and check is there a pending job to move these bins?
Report Spam   Logged
jaybud4
The Great?
Administrator
Bay Gull

☼Tech Guru☼

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 10:26:54 am »

Also, look at the labor screen and check is there a pending job to move these bins?
Hauling doesn't queue jobs like that.
Hauling jobs only appear when they're actively being done.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum