Dwarves With A Passion
March 28, 2024, 03:35:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Dwarves With A Passion!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Wathathafatha, Succession Games?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wathathafatha, Succession Games?  (Read 3230 times)
Aqizzar
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2008, 07:10:18 pm »

Hello, hello...  Is anybody in there?

EDIT FOR ALL GAMES: We're calling the shakeup Wathathafatha now, the Siege of Battles.  Uh, that means, everyone be cool about all the succession and story games.  They survive on in cryogenic form, in Toady's archive, and will be back with the forum.  Hopefully.

Aqizzar here, current turn-meister of Powerwork, making a thread in lieu of Dadamh not being here, maybe.  Just maintenance and place-holding really.

I didn't get started until today and probably won't finish this weekend, but I assume that in light of the whole flee-to-the-hills, forum-in-exile refugee group thing, I'll have an extension on my turn time.  Being master of the thread now, that's my say so.  Ha!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:08:00 am by Aqizzar » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jaybud4
The Great?
Administrator
Bay Gull

☼Tech Guru☼

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:33:20 pm »

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but uh...  Considering the entirety of the old forums will probably be there when Toady gets his new host, you'll be SOL if you attempt anything silly like that.
Play your succession game exactly as it was before Wathathafatha occurred. (Wathathafatha = The Siege of Battles, literally, or as I'm using it here, The Downtime of Ages)
You might hold control over the first post of this thread, but that doesn't give you any more control over the succession game as being admin here does for me at Bay 12.
Report Spam   Logged
Aqizzar
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:58:31 pm »

None of that post was serious except the appeal for time.  It's not like anything is really on track around here in our little refugee camp.
Report Spam   Logged
R1ck
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 11:49:01 am »

(Wathathafatha = The Siege of Battles, literally, or as I'm using it here, The Downtime of Ages)

That should totally be the official name for what happened.

In 2008, Wathathafatha occurred.
Attacker: The Simple Machines of Forums
1 server downtime
no losses

Defender: The Fans of Dwarves
500 humans
300 losses
Report Spam   Logged
shoruke
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 01:38:28 pm »

And several story fortresses. They died were lost, too. I can't play my community fortress because of Wathathafatha!
Report Spam   Logged
jaybud4
The Great?
Administrator
Bay Gull

☼Tech Guru☼

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 09:19:15 pm »

And several story fortresses. They died were lost, too. I can't play my community fortress because of Wathathafatha!

They weren't lost.
Toady backed everything up.
They were simply, uh, "put on hiatus".
Report Spam   Logged
shoruke
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 09:35:00 pm »

They're dead to me until I can view them. SO THEY'RE DEAD!

...Okay, maybe that's a bit rash. Seriously though, it's like they're cryogenically frozen until further notice... which counts as dead, hence people use their life insurance to pay for it.

BTW I'm playing my community fortress anyway, recording everything in a .txt file. The Red Sands of Doom are turning brown  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
DoctorZ
OGamer
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 10:31:09 pm »

You flooded your map!?
Report Spam   Logged
shoruke
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 11:31:17 am »

No, I got sieged. The goblins' blood turned The Red Sands of Doom a deeper shade of red, then when all the cave adapted dwarves went to pick up the loot, they puked everywhere.

Now The Red Sands of Doom are red, deeper red, green, brown, and covered in goblin body parts and clothes.
Report Spam   Logged
Axe27
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 02:07:29 pm »

No, I got sieged. The goblins' blood turned The Red Sands of Doom a deeper shade of red, then when all the cave adapted dwarves went to pick up the loot, they puked everywhere.

Now The Red Sands of Doom are red, deeper red, green, brown, and covered in goblin body parts and clothes.

You should probably save the updates and screenshots to a word doc, so that you can post when we get back.
Report Spam   Logged
shoruke
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 03:34:46 pm »

Don't worry I've been writing everything down... once we get our new forums up I'm going to rapid-fire post everything I've done since Wathathafatha started. I have it all on one 19kb .txt file, and a couple pictures... oh and the fortress map is up on whatever archive that is that you put maps onto.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum