Dwarves With A Passion
March 29, 2024, 06:15:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Readers: This is NOT the official DF forum!
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

mixed ambushes

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mixed ambushes  (Read 3198 times)
toast
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2008, 09:35:19 pm »

i havent played since 30c...started playing again using 40d. Most of the ambushes i get now are led by dwarves (i had one by a human though). Is this a new feature or something really weird? I remember that very rarely a seige would show up with a dwarf that had been baby snatched...

Also, i get tons of ambushes (usually when traders come) but no seiges. i have a 20 dwarf population right now...is this preventing me from getting seiges? i dont remember that in 30c but i might have changed something in init or something.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Philosopher
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:55:26 pm »

you need about 80 dwarves in order to get a siege.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolfking6116
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 11:12:09 pm »

The dwarves and humans are usually from worldgen.

For example, the fortress to the north of my position had 24 humans and 25 elves once worldgen was over.
The one to the south had 54 elves and 7 goblins. I checked through the export files~

The odd part though, I get tons of goblin ambushes >_> occasionally there will be an elf with them.
Report Spam   Logged
toast
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 12:17:55 am »

ok so now:

i dont really want 80 dwarves..any way to trigger a seige? i got the humans to seige me by killing the liason but i would rather kill gobbos.

and

i know we start with various civs. but why are they working together in the ambushes? why is a goblin ambush lead by a dwarf or a human?
Report Spam   Logged
Wolfking6116
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:32:53 am »

Coulda been kidnapped.

Maybe there was a rebellion? Maybe they're mercenaries? Maybe they're Duergar?
Thats where you get to make your own little stories in your head.

In the same essence that the humans could just be plain evil, the elves could be drow, etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Soadreqm
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 04:03:30 am »

This happens because:
1) Goblins kidnap people during worldgen, leading to non-goblins living in a goblin civ
2) Goblins capture an enemy town during worldgen, leading to non-goblins living in a goblin civ
3) Both of the above several times.

So yeah, perfectly normal. Getting more frequent now with wordlgen wars. Might happen quite a lot if you let the worldgen run for a long time.
Report Spam   Logged
Refar
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 04:21:00 am »

I once had a Goblin snatcher who was a Elf. He sneaked past all defenses, destealthed in my Meeting Hall... Everyone else was out working, so there were just the Lazy Nobles in the Meeting Hall... He ended my Baron consort and her ridiculous demand for a Platinum Armor Stand in her bedroom...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:00:43 am by Refar » Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 08:14:26 am »

He *** my Baron consort and her ridiculous demand for a Platinum Armor Stand in her bedroom...
I think you missed a word here, verb, no? Smiley What did he do to your Baron consort? Grin

The only way to have sieges or big ambushes without 80 dwarves is to remove "babysnatcher" tag from gobbos' entity.
Report Spam   Logged
Refar
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 08:59:59 am »

Indeed, i missed the verb. Fixed.  Embarrassed
But i think we all could guess what he did anyway Grin
Report Spam   Logged
JoRo
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 06:04:33 pm »

The only way to have sieges or big ambushes without 80 dwarves is to remove "babysnatcher" tag from gobbos' entity.

But without [babysnatcher] they'll only attack if you're really at war with them.  With the tag they're willing to attack you regardless.
Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 02:10:37 am »

OK, another fix: 1) remove CAN_SPEAK from gobbos. This is done this way: you remove INTELLIGENT from the creature in creature_standard.txt and add CAN_CIV and CAN_LEARN back; 2) add DIPLOMAT to their entity in entity_default.txt; I believe in the last version if you kill a diplomat it triggers a siege.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum