Dwarves With A Passion
March 28, 2024, 10:47:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Dwarves With A Passion!

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Fatal Error!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fatal Error!  (Read 3595 times)
olthadir
Escaped Lunatic

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2008, 06:12:56 pm »

Hello all!

I consider myself somewhat new to the game, as I have only been playing for a month or so. I absolutely love the game!

I started anther fortress recently and encountered a problem. After about three minutes of me playing, the game crashes with the following message: Fatal Error: Nemesis Unit Load Failed. And it just hangs. My fortress is just new, with the original seven dwarves. My previous fortress has surpassed 150 dwarves and I decided to retire it so I can try and build a more effective one.

Any suggestions on how I can work around this error, or do I have to start the fortress over again?

Oh, and I know it is an alpha... but what a wonderful game!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Eruonen
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 03:48:00 am »

Hmmm...
Try creating another Fortress. If that fails, try creating another world first.
If that fails, try downloading the game again.
Report Spam   Logged
penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:00:03 am »

I've had the Nemisis crash too. If you look in your save folder then (if yours was the same as mine) you should notice that all the units have been deleted, making the save irrecoverable. Just start a new fort. I've been playing for a little over a year now and have had at least a dozen forts I've seriously played and it's only happened once.
Report Spam   Logged
olthadir
Escaped Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 11:11:07 pm »

Thank you! I started my new fortress, and so far that has been good. Thanks for the info!
Report Spam   Logged
darkedone02
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:17:29 am »

I'm still new to the game but getting the hang of it already, I wish my farmers just auto plant any farms that I made and wish that my selected seed won't deselect itself after a whole year, that way I can concentrate on digging more rooms for my dwarfs to use as well. I'm pretty new to machines and wish that the developers make something to allow us to use pipes so that I don't have to use a lot of channels and bridges.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolfking6116
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 12:25:46 am »

developer*

The only one who works on DF is Toady One. I think his brother helps him sometimes, though.

But yeah, I wish pipes would become placeable as well, it would help a lottt
Report Spam   Logged
penguinofhonor
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 11:53:46 am »

Yeah, Threetoe doesn't program anything. He helps design things and writes amazing and very inspiring stories.
Report Spam   Logged
Eruonen
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 12:58:44 pm »

You know, developing is not restricted to coding.

Dwarf Fortress has two developers.
Report Spam   Logged
forsaken1111
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 09:23:11 pm »

I'm still new to the game but getting the hang of it already, I wish my farmers just auto plant any farms that I made and wish that my selected seed won't deselect itself after a whole year, that way I can concentrate on digging more rooms for my dwarfs to use as well. I'm pretty new to machines and wish that the developers make something to allow us to use pipes so that I don't have to use a lot of channels and bridges.

Your fields stop being planted after a year? I've never had that problem. I have 3 5x5 fields in full use and I haven't touched them in at least 2 years ingame, more like 2.5...
Report Spam   Logged
Numquam
Escaped Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 06:52:45 am »

You can see this area of the fatal error adn you can also review this whole blog of the dwarf fortress. Get the great section from this blog with the writing service and get the best blog here in this field for the best area.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum