Dwarves With A Passion
April 17, 2024, 08:09:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Readers: This is NOT the official DF forum!
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

kitten cancels store item in stockpile: too injured

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: kitten cancels store item in stockpile: too injured  (Read 1819 times)
toast
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2008, 08:04:11 pm »

yepp. new batch of immigrants come in..about 5 minutes later i get: udil taronbomrek, kitten (tame) cancels store item in stockpile: too injured. i looked up said putty cat and found that not only is he (she??) not injured, but is also.err..a cat. as soon as i unpaused it, i got another similar message except for a different cat. what is going on here?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 08:06:30 pm by toast » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GreyMario
Bay Watcher

The Original Starvation Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 08:07:40 pm »

This belongs in Bug Reports, but as it's already been reported and even documented on the wiki, it's pointless to do so.
Report Spam   Logged
toast
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:08:20 pm »

ok cool. i just wanted to put it here first to see if anyone else had this issue.
Report Spam   Logged
jaybud4
The Great?
Administrator
Bay Gull

☼Tech Guru☼

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 08:10:36 pm »

ok cool. i just wanted to put it here first to see if anyone else had this issue.

No.  The point was, EVERYBODY with cats has had the issue.
That's why you look in the Bug Reports section first, before you post anything about it.
I stickied a topic about it in the Reports section for that exact reason.
Report Spam   Logged
toast
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 08:12:09 pm »

i had cats for about 10 seasons before i had this issue. it seems to have come in with the immigrant wave. Thus not everyone has that problem.
Report Spam   Logged
slink
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 08:22:08 pm »

IMO it's kind of unfair to blast people for not knowing the fixes for things when the real forum is down.  When I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago, I only found the fix by searching through multiple threads on that forum and wading through arguments over who should or should not have posted about the problem.

Here is the fix.

In the file body_default.txt, under ..\raw\objects\ , add the following two lines exactly as shown.

[BODY:CAT_MOUTH]
[BP:CAT_MOUTH:mouth][CONTYPE:HEAD][MOUTH][SMALL][EMBEDDED][APERTURE][GRASP]

Then, in creature_domestic.txt, under ..\raw\objects\, locate the section which begins with [CREATURE:CAT].  Alter the line with MOUTH to read as follows.

[BODY:QUADRUPED:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:CAT_MOUTH]

This was not my fix.  I got it from the real forum, but there is no way to link to that right now so I am posting it for others who have only recently arrived to this game.
Report Spam   Logged
toast
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 08:24:40 pm »

thanks a lot :>
Report Spam   Logged
Time Kitten
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 08:25:49 pm »

There are several reasons why you wouldn't be getting the message.  The cat is taking the present to the dwarf it owns, if no dwarf likes cats, it is less likely cats will adopt dwarves in the first place.  Also, The check seems to occur periodically.  So your cat, if going a short distance, will get the present to the dwarf without having the "OMGWTF I DON'T HAVE THUMBS!?" thought, and when the check does happen, you'll get spam from 5 cats at once.  Weird, but that's my theory on it.
Report Spam   Logged
Deon
Bay Watcher

Dwarf Drunk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 08:35:56 pm »

There's a real story. Just Wow... I tried to attack my previous fortress and forgot this fix. Imagine my feelings when a bunch of cats started to wrestle me instead of biting. One of them even tried to strangle me with it's mouth o_o.
Report Spam   Logged
jaybud4
The Great?
Administrator
Bay Gull

☼Tech Guru☼

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 08:40:27 pm »

IMO it's kind of unfair to blast people for not knowing the fixes for things when the real forum is down.  When I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago, I only found the fix by searching through multiple threads on that forum and wading through arguments over who should or should not have posted about the problem.

I wasn't blasting for not knowing the fix.
Mainly the fact that when it's a temporary forum with all of three threads in the bug reports section, you should be capable of looking there to see if the issue you're having is there already before you post about it.
Report Spam   Logged
slink
Bay Watcher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 09:29:07 pm »

I suppose he/she was posting a question, under the questions section, rather than reporting a bug, which it might not have been (and in one way is not).  I see now that it is indeed under the bugs section.  I also see that the posts in that thread are complaining that it was "posted to death on the old forum" (which is currently inaccessable) and that it is in the wiki (but the fix is not).  The fix, however, was not posted there.  Now it is posted here, so maybe people can find it by searching.  Smiley

There was a tremendous amount of information on the old forum, which is temporarily lost to us.  This game has a lot of details and it's not easy for new players to find answers even in the best of times.  I guess I was feeling that maybe people could give a break to newcomers who wander in here lost.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum